Dear Juniors and Parents,
I hope you are staying safe and looking forward to returning to some form of normality as we begin to come out of the lockdown.
Here at Stratfield Turgis CC we have been keeping an eye on the situation and are pleased to announce we are now able to start providing some cricket practice for our players. We are following the ECB roadmap for the return of recreational cricket (copy below).
The current time (June 17th) sees us in step 3.
The key points are:
- The use of outdoor nets and the outfield
- Coaching for groups of up to 6 people including the coach
- 2 groups can train at the same time providing they are in separate areas
- Social distancing and hygiene procedures to be strictly adhered to
Our plan is to begin coaching on Thursday and Friday evenings which will cater for U9, U11. U13 and U15 age groups.
The sessions will start on Thursday 25th June and Friday 26th June and continue for the foreseeable future.
The schedule is as follows:
- Thursdays 5.30pm – 6.30pm – U9s – max 10 players split into 2 groups on the outfield and nets
- Thursdays 6.45pm - 7.45pm – U11s - max 10 players split into 2 groups on the outfield and nets
- Fridays 6pm – 7pm – U13s - max 10 players split into 2 groups on the outfield and nets
- Fridays 7.15pm – 8.15pm - max 10 players split into 2 groups on the outfield and nets
The weekly sessions are available for all, but we require you to confirm by email of your intention to attend prior to the day. Please make sure you provide the name of child and school year they are in.
For U9s and U11s please email Luke Anthony firstname.lastname@example.org
For U13s and U15s please email Martin Sandland email@example.com
Please note that we will be unable to supply kit (i.e. helmets, gloves, pads) so please ensure that you are able to adhere to the safeguarding rules by using your own kit. A detailed safeguarding protocol will be emailed to all attendees prior to the date.
We will work on a first come first served basis and if all spaces are taken, we will put you forward for the following week.
We hope to see many of you over the coming weeks for some overdue cricket practice and maybe some fixtures before the season closes.
Stay safe and regards